New Features and Improvements
Volunteers Summary Report
When generating a summary report with the Volunteers module, you had the option to generate a list of volunteer positions for a given task or event. ClubRunner has added the ability to print out this list and use it for sign ups at a club meeting.
Dues and Billing - QuickBooks Integration
QuickBooks integration with the Dues and Billing module has been enhanced so that all changes to a member’s credit adjustments are saved within a new Credits file. Previously, credit notes were tracked within the Payments file. Separating the files makes it easier to accurately track actual income.
Dues and Billing - Input Changes
Changes have been made to the way figures are inputted into the Dues and Billing module. All payments, credit adjustments and debit adjustments must be entered as a positive number. Previously, users were able to enter negative numbers. This change prevents errors when exporting dues and billing information to QuickBooks.
Events - Calendar Integration
ClubRunner has added iCalendar (ICS) functionality to the Events module. This automatically adds upcoming events to their personal calendar of choice. Users can download an ICS file by clicking on the calendar icon for an upcoming event on the details page for a given event. The ICS file is also available through the Bulletin and as an attachment to volunteer registration and cancellation emails. Once the file has been downloaded, click on it to automatically add the event to your default calendar software. iCalendar is used and supported by a large number of products, including Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook.
Zone Emails - Recipient List Changes
In response to customer requests, we have split the email recipient list for the District Executives and Directors into two lists – Current and Next Year. This permits easier communication and reduces the potential for confusion during the period of transition around the Rotary New Year.
Website Content - Custom Widget Location Filter
It is now easier to manage your Custom Widgets, thanks to a new filter that permits you to view them according to location. When you access the Global Custom Widgets Library through the Website Content page, you will now see a series of filters. These filters let you only see the custom widgets that appear on your website, specific Custom Pages, specific bulletins, or all.
Image Library - Deletion Warning
When an image is deleted from the Image Library, it is removed from any page or bulletin where it was used. We have added a warning to inform users of this fact and help prevent accidental deletion.
Photo Albums - Various Enhancements
Several enhancements have been introduced to increase the functionality of your Photo Albums. On the Photo Album Library page, you now have the option to preview a photo as it would appear on the webpage. And, to make it easier to view which images you have uploaded, the size of photo thumbnails in the list was increased from 100 pixels to 150 pixels. Finally, the title and description of each photo is checked before saving to ensure they do not exceed character maximums.
Bulletin - Unpublished Changes Warning Message
We’ve added a warning message to prevent bulletin editors from accidentally sending out a draft bulletin. If the editor attempts to send out a bulletin with unpublished changes, a message appears warning of this fact.
eCommerce Module - Error Message Clarifications
When eCommerce transactions failed to process, the module generated error messages that did not specify any reason for the failure. We have changed these messages to explicitly state the reason for a failed transaction.
Login - Maintenance Warning
ClubRunner undertakes biweekly maintenance to roll out all changes and improvements we’ve made to the software. This is scheduled every two weeks on Thursday mornings between 9:00 am and 10:30 am EST. While this is underway, you may experience lag and loss of some functions. We have added a warning to the login page that appears during that time, so users are now forewarned before logging into their site. The public websites on Version 3 are not affected and should remain up during these updates.
Currency Added - Papua New Guinea
As part of our ongoing efforts to make the ClubRunner experience seamless for clubs regardless of their location, we have added the Papua New Guinean “kina” as a currency option in ClubRunner. If you do not see your currency listed on ClubRunner, you may request that we add it by contacting our support team.
Fixes and Other Changes
- District Club Listing: The internal website column now correctly lists clubs within the district according to whether they are ClubRunner subscribers or trial members. Trial members are not listed on the public site, but are included in the internal administration club listing, prefixed with a “-“ sign.
- Member Access Level: Users with level 60 access (Editor) were unable to access the Edit Duty Roster function. This has been fixed.
- Bulletin Deletion: An error would occur when deleting bulletins with name longer than 210 characters. This no longer occurs.
- Member Profiles: A technical issue caused the inadvertent loss of Partner information from about 1,000 member profiles. We have restored this information. However, members that have deliberately removed the Partner information from their profile in the past year may need to delete the data again.
- Grants: When filling out Grant information, details from one tab would be lost if a user switched to another tab without saving first. This has been fixed.
- MyEventRunner: When a member went into their event registration via the confirmation email link to order an add-on, the registration form would reset their package price. This issue has been resolved. In addition any add-ons will be correctly charged at the new price.
- MyEventRunner: In certain cases, users were unable to register for an event twice using the same email address, even in cases where the event was set to allow duplicate registrations. This has been corrected.
- Volunteer Emails: Non-members receiving Volunteer-related email no longer see merge codes that draw information from member profiles.
- Volunteer Emails: The Send to Myself function for email reminders now draws mail-merge data from the first available volunteer. Previously, it drew this data from the currently logged-in member, who would not necessarily be on the sign-up list, causing missing information in the email.
- Member Profile Error: The Commitments tab in the member profile screen contained an error. The word "Backup" appeared in the Duty Roster field. This has been fixed.
- Bulletin Embedded Media Warning: When users attempted to place embedded media in a bulletin, the content warning appeared twice. This no longer happens.
- Club Information Widget: Recent changes to the way ClubRunner handles images caused the Club Information Widget to display an oversized logo when placed on a bulletin. The logo now displays correctly.
- Links Widget: When placed on a bulletin, the Links widget header improperly displayed HTML. HTML in the header now displays properly.
- Attendance v3.0: The system now checks to see if a member has any relevant attendance data before allowing their member record to be deleted. If the member has any attendance or makeup data, has a Leave of Absence record, or is listed as exempted or excused, their record cannot be deleted.
- Attendance v3.0: The Print Member List (Simple Version) report incorrectly included Other Users. This has been corrected.
- Email Validation: Email addresses were treated as case-sensitive in searches, meaning addresses were not always correctly identified. This has been fixed, and the system no longer considers upper and lower case letters in email searches.
- Rotary Integration: As Rotary International does not support integration of honorary members, this reference has been removed from the Compare and Synchronize function.
Read more »