How do I set up an event with Event Planner? (District)
Posted by Zach W. (Support) on 04 October 2017 03:44 PM
With the Event Planner feature, you can plan out and schedule events for your district. You can invite members and non-members to attend, arrange online payment, and much more. Events can be created by event chairs, executives, and site administrators.
1. To access the Event Planner feature, you must go to your district homepage and log in. Then, click on Member Area on the top right, under the homepage banner.
2. Along the top of the screen you will see several tabs. Click on the Events tab on the far right of the top toolbar.
3. At the left side of the screen, options will appear. Click on Event Planner.
4. You are now on the Events page. To start setting up your new event, click on the Create a New Event button on the right side of the screen.
5. You are now on the Create New Event screen, where you can write a description of your event and set up the time and place of the event. First, enter a name for your event in the Event Name field. You also have the option to set the Status of event as Active or as a Draft. An Active event will allow registrations if registrations have been configured. A Draft event will not allow registrations, even if registrations have been configured.
6. Now, if you wish you can enter a unique Event Code. This makes it much easier for you to track member payments for events from within your Sage or Bambora merchant account. You can assign your own Event Code when creating a new event, up to 10 characters long, or add one to an existing event by editing the event details. All payments transactions for that event will have the same code, appended by the unique registration ID, making it much easier to determine who has paid for what.
7. Now, you may enter the date of the event. The Start Date & Time specifies the start date and time of the event. The End Date & Time field is where you set the end date and time. Click on the small calendar icon next to the date and time fields to use a pop up calendar to choose a day. The date fields must be filled in, but you may leave the time fields blank if so desired.
8. Once you have set the date and time details, you may enter a description of the event in the text edit field. You can use the buttons above the text field to edit the font size and style and insert special characters.
9. Once you have entered a description of the event, you may select an image to be associated with it. This image will appear in email invitations and on the web and in your bulletin. To add an image, click on Choose File. You can then select an appropriate image saved on your computer.
10. You may now select the Event Chair. The chair is the owner of the event. By default, the system will select the member that is creating the event, but you can change this as needed. Selecting a chair will automatically populate the email and phone number fields from the database. However, you can manually re-enter the email and phone number as needed.
11. You may now enter the address of the event in the provided fields. If the address information is fully, then the View Map link will pinpoint the location on the Event Services screen.
13. Next, you can click on various fields that determine where the event will be displayed.
15. Once you have saved the event, you are taken to the Event Services screen. Here, you can review and edit the details of your event, as well as set up registration, payment and invitation details. You can use the three buttons next to your event details to add or change aspects of the event.
19. The next field, Is there a fee to attend this event? is for your own information. By default, an event is free. In this case, the event has a cost of $10 USD. You can set up a fee (if desired) in the Payment Settings section of the page.
20. The remaining registration options allow you to determine who can attend the event and how registrations are communicated to the chair.
21. When you have completed editing the registration details, click Save to proceed. Or, to discard the information you have entered, click Cancel.
22. When you click Save, you are brought back to the Event Services page. Scroll down to the section marked Payment Settings. Here, you can set a fee for the event and manage payment details. By default, events are set to free. Click on the Change Payment Settings button to set a fee, or edit existing payent details.
23. Now, you may enter your event fee details, if any. First, enter the cost of the event into the Event Fee field. Then, click on the drop down box to select the appropriate currency for the payments. Finally, if you have the Online Payment & eCommerce module set up for your club, you will see Payment Method as a selectable option. If you do not have this module, then you will only have the No Payment Account Specified option available only.
24. The Require members to pay to complete registration option forces the members to pay by credit card first in order to register for the event.